Writer and musician Claire L Evans
Meeting with Claire is always a pleasure. Before recording this podcast I have met her twice. Ones during her Science Fiction writing workshop at STRP Festival. The second time, during beyond tellerrand in Dusseldorf. Here I recorded a podcast with her and Mike Monteiro, which was crazy with an overheated recording device. This episode is podcast is recorded at MU Artspace in Eindhoven. Where Claire gave a lecture related to the current exhibition Computer Grrrls. The exhibition highlights the historical role women played in the development of computer science, but it also offers self defense instructions against technology, outlines the relationship between gender and algorithms and reveals dazzling visions of the future. Computer Grrrls is on display at MU to 6 October 2019.
- Book: Broad Band: The Untold Story of the Women who Made the Internet
- Book: The Computer Boys Take Over: Computers, Programmers, and the Politics of Technical Expertise by Nathan Ensmenger
- 5 Everyday App
- Lecture The Sound of Post-Human Music by Claire L Evans at STPR 2017
- Lecture What History’s Female Internet Pioneers can Teach us about Tomorrow at beyond tellerrand Dusseldorf 2018
- Podcast YOU: Technology + Identity