Neon Moiré Show: Matt McCue Editor-in-Chief at 99U
Episode 15 of the Neon Moiré Show with 99U's Editor-in-Chief Matt McCue. Thomas Dahm talks with Matt about starting as a writer, 99U as an information tool, the 99U Conference and his view on being a creative at this moment in time.
While not being directly employable with an english degree, Matt traveled to New York to become a freelance writer, for all kinds of publications. Through a friend he started working at 99U where he now is Editor-in-Chief. Matt describes 99U as an information tool that tells stories about things and ideas that other people have experienced but you not yet have.
Exhilarating and terrifying that is how McCue describes being a creative at the moment. In our conversation Matt McCue questions if companies do value creatives as they should. And we talk about making the right choices as a creative. The interview is recorded during FITC Amsterdam 2018.
How to listen:
Subscribe (it's free) in your favorite podcast app.
Enjoy the show! If you enjoy this one, check out the rest of our podcast episodes in your favorite podcast app. And if you really enjoy The Neon Moiré Show, please leave a rating and review iTunes / Apple podcast / Soundcloud. It helps others to find out about the show. Thank you.
Matt's Neon 5
- Food: Lobster
- Movie/TV: Godless on Netflix
- Book: A Confederacy of Dunces Novel by John Kennedy Toole
- Person: Coach Brown
- Miscellaneous: Nike shoes
- Speaker at FITC Toronto, 8-10 April 2018, Toronto, Canada
- 99U Conference, 9-11 May 2018, New York
- Speaker at Forward Festival Munich 2018, 30-31 May Munich
- Speaker at Forward Festival Zurich 2018, 1-2 June 2018, Zurich Switzerland